How to ApplyApplications are closed for the 2017 summer cycle. Please apply in the Fall of 2017 for the 2018 summer program.
- Complete the online application. The OURS program is administered under the SPUR umbrella, and we use the SPUR application form. Be sure to select OURS as the program for which you are applying. Note in the application the lab in which you are currently doing research and explain the nature and goals of your research project. Make sure to request a letter of recommendation from the PI. Also, please provided the name of your lab mentor, if you are working with a grad student, postdoc, or research assistant in addition to your PI.
- Request two letters of recommendation: One from your sponsoring professor and another from a professor, instructor, or researcher familiar with your work. Letters should address the applicant's potential for scientific research. Please have your references check out our note to referees to upload letters. Alternatively, they can send letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions? Check out the FAQs page or email us.
- If you encounter any problem submitting your application online, please submit your information by email to our Summer Programs Administrator at email@example.com.
Information for recommenders
- If you are writing a letter of recommendation, please check out our note to referees.
Deadlines for applications
Applications are closed for the 2017 summer cycle. Please apply in the Fall of 2017 for the 2018 summer program.
We begin making offers of admission to OURS about the beginning of Spring term, and we continue to review applications until all slots are filled. Please note that space is very limited. If you do not hear from us, please feel free to email us.
Deadlines on the SPUR website, referenced many times on this page, do not apply to OURS students. Because the OURS cohort is made up exclusively of UO students, application deadlines differ. Please refer only to the deadlines referenced specifically on this webpage.
All applicants should:
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework by summer.
- Be undergraduates in good standing.
- Be strongly motivated to participate in ongoing research projects.
- Be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Be a University of Oregon student.
- Already be participating on an identified research project in a sponsoring UO lab.